CIPR Specialist Diploma – Crisis Communications
The aim of the CIPR Specialist Diploma (Crisis Communication) is to enable the candidate to develop specialist knowledge and expertise in the contexts, concepts and practical tools of crisis response public relations. It is designed for both generalist public relations practitioners wishing to enhance their understanding of best practice preparation for crisis communication or for those looking to specialise in crisis communication as a career.
The CIPR Specialist Diploma (Crisis Communication) will be of interest to practitioners who have experience or responsibility for crisis planning, in consultancy or in-house, or in a related discipline within the strategic management framework. This qualification will equip the candidate with the knowledge and tools to contribute effectively to the organisation’s risk assessment, crisis preparations and management, while meeting what is expected of an ethical practitioner in complex situations.
This course is aimed at experienced public relations practitioners who want to develop their expertise in the area of response and crisis management.
Not sure if this is the right course for you? Talk to us!
T: 07734 222 254 E: email@example.com
Tuition fee: £1349+VAT | CIPR awarding body fee: £330 | CIPR course registration fee £75
Level 7 | Postgraduate Degree | 10/11 SQA
Newcastle | Carlisle | Edinburgh | Glasgow
Next Start Date
January 2020, please contact us for more information.
The CIPR Specialist Diploma (Crisis Communication) introduces the theories and knowledge required to analyse the causes, and weigh the likelihood, of unexpected circumstances that demand urgent responses or that might lead to the need for crisis communication.
It considers the skills and knowledge needed for auditing, planning and managing public relations when the pressure mounts for an urgent response or during a crisis. An analytical perspective is applied to encourage candidates to take a reflective approach in examining their own experience alongside case studies of organisations and scenarios.
The Crisis (Response) Communication Diploma covers topics including:
- analysing the causes and assessing the likelihood of circumstances requiring crisis communication
- contributing to the organisation’s risk assessment, crisis preparations
- managing public relations during a crisis
- ethical issues in complex situations.
The assignment will comprise two elements:
1. A 3,000-word (+/- 10%) executive report
2. Supporting 2,000-word (maximum) summary analysis of secondary research findings
You qualify for the Specialist Diploma (Crisis Communications) if you hold one or more of the following:
- CIPR legacy Advanced Certificate or the Professional PR Certificate
- 1 of the following plus 1 year’s relevant full-time employment in public relations (or related sectors, e.g. marketing, journalism) and 5 GCSEs at grade C or above, 1 of which must be in the English language:
- Specialist Certificate (Internal Communications)
- postgraduate professional qualification in a related discipline (e.g. CIM diploma)
- UK Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a PR-related discipline: business, marketing, management, communication, media or journalism.
- 1 of the following plus 2 years’ relevant full-time employment in public relations (or related sectors) and 5 GCSEs at grade C or above, 1 of which must be in the English language:
- CAM Advanced Diploma in Marketing Communication
- NCTJ Diploma
- UK Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in any other subject
- LCCIEB qualification which must comprise 5 level-3 subjects in PR, marketing, advertising, and principles and practice of management.
- 4 years’ relevant full-time employment in public relations (or related sectors) and 5 GCSEs at grade C or above, 1 of which must be in the English language.
- In addition, those whose first language is not English must be able to demonstrate proficiency in the language – spoken and written – to an International Language Testing System (IELTS) band score of 6.5 or equivalent.
New programme starting in January 2020!
Available in Newcastle, Edinburgh, Glasgow and Carlisle