To share your marketing and communication vacancies please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Marketing Officer – Business Partnering
Permanent Full Time - 35 hr per week
Grade 6: £27,116 - £33,309 per annum
February 6, 2022 11:59 pm
How to apply:
For more info about the role, rewards and benefits of working with Durham University and to apply please click here.
As one of the UK’s leading universities, Durham is an incredible place to define your career while enjoying a high quality work/life balance. The University sits in a beautiful historic city where it shares ownership of a UNESCO World Heritage Site with Durham Cathedral. A collegiate University, Durham recruits outstanding students from across the world and offers an unmatched wider student experience. They believe that inspiring their people to do outstanding things at Durham enables Durham people to do outstanding things in the world. Durham University finds it easy to be proud of the extraordinary people they have at Durham. They offer the inspiration, they achieve the outstanding, they invite you to join them.
The Department and role purpose
Durham University has an ambitious ten-year strategy (2017-2027) to achieve its objectives of becoming world-leading in research, teaching and the wider student experience. Successful implementation of the strategy is in part dependent on their approach to promoting the University in respect of:
- prospective applicants to their programmes of study – from both UK and international markets;
- potential partners in teaching and research;
- current and potential collaborators in business and industry;
- current and future alumni;
- potential employers of their graduates;
- national and international policymakers and influencers.
The over-arching ambition is to achieve a step-change in awareness and reputation of Durham University globally.
The role will sit within the Marketing and Communications Office and report directly to the Senior Marketing Manager – Business Partnering. The responsibility of the Business Partnering function is to develop relationships with, and support its internal clients (professional staff and academics) from across the university to meet the objectives as set out above, through the provision of marketing expertise and delivery of targeted marketing campaigns and support.
To achieve this, the Marketing Officer – Business Partnering will support the function in establishing strong working relationships with clients from across the University and work collaboratively with the wider Marketing and Communications Office, utilising expertise to develop and deliver, amongst others:
- marketing their programmes to, and assisting with the recruitment of home and international students;
- promotion of the University brand, academic research and USPs to multiple stakeholders and influencers locally, nationally and internationally
- promotion of the university brand and Proactive management of the University’s global reputation Through engagement with key audiences – both internally and externally
The role-holder will work within the Marketing and Communications Office in collaboration with:
- Other colleagues in the Marketing and Communications function.
- Other colleagues within Faculties/Professional Services and Colleges.