To share your marketing and communication vacancies please email email@example.com
Communications and Engagement Manager (External)
Permanent Full Time - 35 hr per week
Grade 7: £34,304 - £40,927
January 25, 2022 11:59 pm
How to apply:
For more info about the role, rewards and benefits of working with Durham University and to apply please click here.
As one of the UK’s leading universities, Durham is an incredible place to define your career while enjoying a high quality work/life balance. The University sits in a beautiful historic city where it shares ownership of a UNESCO World Heritage Site with Durham Cathedral. A collegiate University, Durham recruits outstanding students from across the world and offers an unmatched wider student experience. They believe that inspiring their people to do outstanding things at Durham enables Durham people to do outstanding things in the world. Durham University finds it easy to be proud of the extraordinary people they have at Durham. They offer the inspiration, they achieve the outstanding, they invite you to join them.
The Department and role purpose
Durham University has an ambitious ten-year strategy (2017-2027) to achieve its objectives of becoming world-leading in research, teaching and the wider student experience. Successful implementation of the strategy is in part dependent on their approach to promoting the University in respect of:
- prospective applicants to their programmes of study;
- potential partners in teaching and research;
- current and potential collaborators in business and industry;
- current and future alumni;
- potential employers of their graduates;
- national and international policymakers and influencers.
The overarching ambition is to achieve a step-change in awareness and reputation of Durham University globally.
The role will sit within the Marketing and Communications Office and report directly to the Senior Manager, Communications & Engagement (External). The responsibility of the Marketing and Communications Office is to develop and deliver, amongst others:
- marketing their programmes to and assisting with the recruitment of home and international students;
- promotion of the University to and managing engagement with multiple stakeholders and influencers locally, nationally and internationally;
- promotion of the University’s brand and proactive management of its global reputation.
The role-holder will work within the Marketing and Communications Office in collaboration with:
- Other colleagues in Communications and Engagement (External and Internal)
- Colleagues in the Marketing team.