To share your marketing and communication vacancies please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Communications and Engagement Manager (External)
Full time, 35 hours per week
Grade 7: - £35,333 - £42,155 per annum
October 6, 2022 11:59 pm
How to apply:
To read the full job description or apply for these roles please click here.
The Role and Department
Durham University has an ambitious ten-year strategy (2017-2027) to achieve its objectives of becoming world-leading in research, teaching and the wider student experience. Successful implementation of the strategy is in part dependent on our approach to promoting the University in respect of:
- prospective applicants to our programmes of study;
- potential partners in teaching and research;
- current and potential collaborators in business and industry;
- current and future alumni;
- potential employers of our graduates;
- national and international policymakers and influencers.
The over-arching ambition is to achieve a step-change in awareness and reputation of Durham University globally.
The role will sit within the Marketing and Communications Office and report directly to the Senior External Communications and Engagement Manager. The responsibility of the Marketing and Communications Office is to develop and deliver, amongst others:
- marketing our programmes to and assisting with the recruitment of home and international students;
- promotion of the University to and managing engagement with multiple stakeholders and influencers locally, nationally and internationally;
- promotion of the University’s brand and proactive management of its global reputation.
The role-holder will work within the Marketing and Communications Office in collaboration with:
- Other colleagues in Communications and Engagement (External and Internal)
- Colleagues in the Marketing team.