To share your marketing and communication vacancies please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Board and Events support
Newcastle upon Tyne
2/3 hours per month
April 28, 2023 12:00 am
How to apply:
Register your interest by contacting:
Chris Gray – Board Chair (Chrisgray41@googlemail.com) who will be able to discuss Business Beats Cancer with you and find out more about your skills, experience and motivations.
Cancer Research UK is looking to bring together a group of committed, dynamic and influential business leaders in Newcastle, of CEO/Director level to join our Business Beats Cancer movement and bring forward the day when all cancers are cured.
What will you be doing?
You will support the Board of CEO/Director level volunteers to organise an annual
flagship event, such as business dinner, which has the ambition to raise £40K+
Your role will include:
- Meetings: book and attend regular board meetings (4-6 weeks recommended) in person or by Skype, plus take minutes and circulate to the board.
- Event guest liaison: sending out invitations, co-ordinating the drinks orders, table plans and dietary requirements.
- Fundraising co-ordination: collating sponsors logos and the auction prizes acquired by the Board, plus sending prize details to the auction company.
- Event management: liaising with the venue and assisting with the event management on the day/evening of the activity
The type of person we are looking for:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and an ability to communicate, interact and build relationships with people at all levels.
- Strong administrative support experience, who is confident in using PC applications.
- Great attention to detail and organisational skills.
- Ideally, project management and/or event management experience.
- A team player who is motivated and reliable with a passion for the work of Cancer Research UK committed to achieving great results.
What you can expect from Cancer Research UK
- Close working relationship with your local Relationship Manager, who will provide ongoing support and guidance.
- Opportunity to visit one of our research centres to meet our world-class scientists and witness their ground-breaking work first-hand.
- Access to CRUK branded materials.
What benefits can you get from this role?
- Personal satisfaction of knowing you are helping Cancer Research UK bring forward the day when all cancers are cured.
- Opportunity to develop new and existing skills.
- Connection to the UK’s largest charity.
- Broadening your own network, working with some of the city’s top business leaders.
- Funding research taking place in your area, whilst impacting the fight against cancer nationally.
How much time do you need to commit?
The role will take approximately 2/3 hours per month, which may increase nearer to the event.