Business Development 101: How to write and deliver a pitch – 3
Business Development for PR
by CIPR North East Group
Part of our business development for PR series this event is aimed at independent practitioners and agencies wanting to improve their skills in developing, writing and delivering a pitch.
You will hear first-hand from senior in-house practitioners what they look for in an agency and dos and don’ts of pitching.
Topics which will be covered during the event include:
- What the client looks for in an agency.
- Advice on how to structure a response.
- Do’s and don’ts of pitching.
- What to avoid doing – the clients pet hates of agencies during the pitching process.
- Most important considerations when putting a proposal together – what the client values most.
- Don’t waste your time – we’ll cover elements of a pitch that clients see on a regular basis and don’t deem necessary.
- Gold start attributes – what the client really look for in an agency and what makes them stand out.
- The difference between the public and private sector in terms of approach, response and criteria.
- Good and bad examples of pitches.
This event is for independent practitioners and agencies wanting to develop their skills in pitching for new business. This event is part of the Business Development for PR series, giving you the opportunity to learn tips and tricks from industry experts on how to develop and grow your business through obtaining new clients. To get the most out of these sessions, we recommend you attend them as a series. If you attend two events in this series we’re offering your third ticket for half price.