Business Development 101: Grow your business – 4
Business Development for PR
by CIPR North East Group
This session will build on the learnings from past events and give a broader approach to growing your business. Whether you are freelance, an agency founder or have core responsibility for business development within an agency – this event is for you.
Delivered in partnership with Scaleup North East, a growth hub dedicated to providing support, mentoring and training to growing businesses, this sales insights workshop is designed to help increase your knowledge of some of the most powerful techniques and principles that your business can deploy to improve your sales strategy and bring in more commercial revenues.
During the workshop you will hear from some of the region’s most successful experts in B2B sales and business development, providing unique perspectives into product, solution and insight selling.
Topics which will be covered during the event include:
- Do’s and don’ts of business development.
- How to approach a target client, how this should differ between cold and warm targets, channels of approach and best methods.
- How to sell to and close a new business leads.
- Maintaining a lead and relationship if they’re not ready to work with you straight away but there is opportunity in the future.
- Getting costing right.
- Navigating the first month – building a good working relationship.
- Setting boundaries, managing expectations and future proofing against over servicing.
This event is for – freelancers or agencies looking to grow their business.
This event is part of the Business Development for PR series, giving you the opportunity to learn tips and tricks from industry experts on how to develop and grow your business through obtaining new clients. To get the most out of these sessions, we recommend you attend them as a series. If you attend two events in this series we’re offering your third ticket for half price.
Please note if you choose to book three events to access the discount you must use the same email address to book all tickets. This will be cross-referenced to approve any discounted tickets booked. Anyone who hasn’t booked three events will be asked to change their booking to a full price ticket.