CIPR Specialist Certificate – Internal Communications
The aim of the CIPR Specialist Certificate (Internal Communication) is to provide the candidate with
an introduction to the key concepts, theories, techniques and skills needed to operate effectively as
an internal communicator.
Candidates will learn where internal communication fits into the structure, systems and processes, leadership and culture of an organisation; how to research, create and curate content that works and has impact across a range of available channels; and how internal communicators can support management in the achievement of strategic and transformational objectives.
Internal Communication Certificate provides you with a solid grounding in the key concepts, theories, techniques and skills needed to develop effectively as an internal communicator.
The Internal Communication Certificate covers topics including:
- organisational culture and transformation
- communication theory and strategic internal communication and engagement
- planning and managing
- setting the right tone – the fit between internal and external communication
- using social media for internal communications
- the role of communications in transforming organisations.
Not sure if this is the right course for you? Talk to us!
T: 07734 222 254 E: email@example.com
Tuition fee: £1175+VAT | CIPR Awarding body fees: £260 | CIPR registration fee: £75
Level 5 | Degree | 8/9 SQA
5 Days over 3 months
Newcastle | Carlisle | Edinburgh
Next Start Date
Cohorts due to start week commencing 11 March 2020.
You will consider topics such as:
- The link between internal communication and employee engagement
- How internal communication can help organisations meet strategic objectives
- Researching, creating and curating content that has impact using a range of channels.
Successful candidates will be able to:
- Explain how internal communication impacts organisational effectiveness
- Select and apply internal communication and engagement models and concepts to support achievement of objectives
- Describe how internal communication and engagement can support organisational change
- Identify the key issues facing internal communicators in strategy setting
- Carry out research to support development of an internal communication plan
- Produce an internal communication plan (research, situation analysis, setting measurable objectives, developing tactics, and monitoring and evaluating impact)
- Produce effective written and verbal communications (engagement, tone of voice, storytelling, brand alignment and managing communities)
- Outline how social media can be used effectively in the internal communication mix (range, properties and management of channels, employee preferences, feedback mechanisms, employee voice, and enterprise social networks)
- Describe how the internal communicator can support managers (the role of management in communication and face to face engagement, team briefing, and listening techniques).
This qualification comprises one written assessment: a critique that explores and examines a single aspect of internal communication theory (3,000 words).
You qualify for the CIPR Internal Communication Certificate if you have any of the following:
- CIPR Foundation Award
- any UK recognised degree, or equivalent
- two years’ relevant full-time employment in public relations (or related sectors, e.g. marketing, journalism) and 5 GCSEs at grade C or above, one of which must be in the English Language.
Available in Newcastle, Edinburgh and Carlisle.
Newcastle from nesma, 19 Lansdowne Terrace, Gosforth, NE3 1HP
Day 1: 11.3.2020
Day 2: 29.4.2020
Day 3: 13.5.2020
Day 4: 3.6.2020
Carlisle from The Guild, 5 Abbey St, Carlisle, CA3 8TX
Edinburgh from Jurys Inn Edinburgh, 43 Jeffrey Street, Edinburgh, EH1 1DH
If you are interested in this course please contact us for more info, March 2020 cohorts due to start week commencing 11 March!
The certificate is taught of 4 x 6hr day time sessions, with 1 x 1:1 tutorial.