Developing an Employer Brand
Maintaining an employer brand will help retain the best people and increase motivation and engagement in your organisation.
A strong employer brand is a primary factor in attracting the highest calibre of talent to your organisation. Maintaining your ‘employer brand promise’ will help you retain the best people and increase the motivation and engagement levels across your organisation. This course provides you with the insights to develop a differentiated employer brand and the strategies to communicate it internally and externally.
How will you benefit?
You will gain a clear knowledge of the benefit a strong employer brand provides to a growing organisation. You will take away strategies to differentiate your corporate brand as an attractive place to work. You will feel confident about communicating your employer brand both internally and outside of your organisation.
Your enterprise will benefit from attracting and retaining the best talent. An effective ‘employer brand strategy’ will help to lower recruitment expenditure, staff turnover and increase employee engagement to fulfil your organisation’s vision and values.
Remember we can look at running all our 1-day courses in-house if there are 4 or more people. And if this course doesn’t quite hit the skills gap, you are trying to plug we can design a course just for you and your team.
- Appreciate the value of a strong employer brand
- Understand the facets of an employer brand and its relationship to the customer brand
- Assess the alignment of your external and internal brands
- Learn how to research your employer brand
- Judge the perception of your employer brand and assess if it needs to change or grow?
- Understand how to develop an employer brand proposition
- Gain strategic insights into the power of organisational values & behaviours, organisation reputation and the impact of shared purpose etc.
- Understand how to engage with potential employees through effective brand communication
- Learn how to maintain communications throughout all the stages of an employees relationship with the organisation
- Acquire methods to measure your employer brand impact
How will you learn?
- Contemporary and historic real-world examples and analysis
- Review and discussion
- Team exercises and role play
- Creativity and expression
- Video examples
- Self-assessment and action planning
- Bring a laptop or tablet, paper and pens and make notes and research
- Internationally experienced Course Director and TEDx Speaker with three bestselling brand strategy books
Outline of the day:
09:00 Session 1: Fundamentals
- What is the Employer Brand?
- What are the benefits of a strong Employer Brand?
- Why is Employer Branding important to HR?
- What is employee engagement?
10:45 Morning refreshment
11:00 Session 2: Strategy
- Evaluate your existing Employer Brand
- Focus on Values
- Employer Brand Proposition
13:30 Session 3: Implementation
- Communicating the Employer Brand
- Brand delivery through employees
- Building an Employer Brand Culture
- Brand Champion and Brand Ambassadors
- 15:00 Afternoon refreshment
15:15 Session 4: Sustainability
- On Brand – Off Brand
- Learning and development
- Reward and Recognition
- Measuring Success
16:45 Conclusions and Action Planning
Who should attend
Building a strong employer brand is an initiative that spans departments and requires the focus of everybody. You will not need to have attended a previous course to attend. Delegates will gain insights from successful organisations and be able to apply these concepts to their own employer brand. This course is for HR, Internal Communications, Marketing Professionals, Managing Directors, Business Owners, from start-ups to established enterprises.
Add me to the waiting list
If there are no dates currently available please register your interest in this course and we will let you know once more dates become available.
How to book
You can book online with our quick booking process.Add me to the waiting list
Take a look at our calendar to find open sessions or book a bespoke package which can be delivered in the context of your business practices. Dates for this workshop:
No dates available
Refreshments and lunch are included, please advise at time of booking of any specific dietary requirements or special access needs.
What to bring
Please bring note-making materials for the workshop, all other materials will be provided on the day.
If you book more than one nesma workshop you will receive a 5% discount off your entire booking.