A CIM qualification at Level 3 provides you with the essential skills needed to enter the marketing industry and be able to perform professionally in a support level role within the workplace.
You’ll have the choice to choose from two qualifications at this level, to suit your individual career path.
- Foundation Certificate in Professional Marketing
- Foundation Certificate in Professional Digital Marketing
To achieve either qualification at Level 3, you’ll need to gain a pass in both modules.
This is the pathway you would follow to achieve the Foundation Certificate in Professional Digital Marketing.
If you wish to achieve a dual qualification at this level you will need to complete the Communication in Practice module.
Remember each module of the qualification can also be achieved as an individual award. Which is a great way to start your CIM journey or top-up skills.
Aims of the module
This module provides an understanding of the key concepts and terminology used in marketing. On completion of the module, you will have a knowledge and understanding of the role and function of marketing within organisations, and the factors that influence consumer behaviour. You will also be able to identify key components of the marketing environment and have an appreciation of how to collect and utilise relevant information about the marketing environment. Finally, you will be able to outline the concepts and elements which make up the marketing mix and understand how these are applied in a range of different contexts.
The module comprises three units with two learning outcomes each. Each learning outcome will be covered by the related assessment criteria and will be assessed by the way of examination. The examination will comprise multiple-choice questions to be completed in a controlled assessment.
Unit 1: Discovering Marketing
- Know the role and function of marketing within organisations (15%)
- Understand the factors that influence customer behaviour (15%)
Unit 2: The Marketing Environment
- Identify the key components of the marketing environment (20%)
- Identify how to collect relevant information about the marketing environment (15%)
Unit 3: The Marketing Mix
- Understand the concept and elements of the marketing mix (20%)
- Understand the application of the marketing mix in different contextual settings (15%)
Aims of the module
This module provides an introduction to the main aspects of digital marketing. On completion of the module, you will have an appreciation of the impact that digital technology has had on marketing activities and its effect on customers. You will have an understanding of the digital marketing tools available, how those tools can be used and how to develop digital marketing content. Finally, you will know how to develop digital communications campaigns and how the effectiveness of those campaigns can be measured.
The module comprises three units with two learning outcomes each. Each learning outcome will be covered by the related assessment criteria and will be assessed by way of a portfolio/ assignment. By the end of this module you should be able to:
Unit 1: Fundamentals of Digital Marketing
- Understand the impact of digital technology on marketing activities (15%)
- Understand the effect of digital technology on customers (15%)
Unit 2: Digital Marketing Tools
- Understand the use of digital marketing tools (20%)
- Outline the development of digital marketing content (20%)
Unit 3: Developing Digital Communications Campaigns
- Know how to develop digital marketing communications campaigns (20%)
Understand how to measure digital marketing communications campaigns (10%)
To achieve either qualification at Level 3, you’ll need to gain a pass in both the mandatory and elective modules.
- The examination will comprise multiple choice questions to be completed in a controlled assessment.
- The assessment will require submission of a portfolio/assignment based on a theme and an organisation of choice.
This course is perfect for those new to junior marketing roles or aspiring to enter the industry and looking for the perfect introduction to marketing. You can choose between two qualifications to suit your individual career path at this level.
It is not necessary to have any previous experience or knowledge of marketing to study the Foundation Certificate in Professional Marketing or the Foundation Certificate in Professional Digital Marketing. So, if you’re an aspiring marketer, new to a marketing support role or in a job that already involves digital marketing, the CIM qualifications at Level 3 are the right choice for you.
Our next cohort will start w/c 12 September 2022.