To share your marketing and communication vacancies please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Marketing and Communications Officer NPC
Full time - 37.5 hours per week
£32,306 - £39,027 per annum
February 27, 2022 11:59 pm
How to apply:
For the full job description and to apply please click here.
Northumbria Primary Care Ltd (NPC) is a pioneering partnership with local GPs and now manages several GP practices with around 50,000 registered patients in Northumberland and North Tyneside.
This is a new and exciting role, giving the post holder the opportunity to shape the marketing and communications approach for Northumbria Primary Care, with a view to promoting the work of the organisation and building on its reputation. Working as part of a dynamic team in a fast paced environment, the role is varied and will suit an innovative and enthusiastic individual with a passion for healthcare marketing and communications.
Working as part of the wider communications and marketing team at the Cobalt site, and part of the NPC team across various locations, the post holder will need to build relationships with a variety of stakeholders. The Communications and Marketing Officer will be responsible for producing and implementing a detailed strategy, reporting back to the Communications Manager with key outputs and other useful data.
In addition to this, the role will involve looking at the wider marketing approach for the NPC, focusing on social media marketing and producing engaging content for all digital platforms. The post holder will also be expected to produce high quality written copy for the website as well as drafting press releases in a timely manner and sharing these with press contacts.
Main duties of the job
The main duties for the post holder are, but not limited to:
- Develops, implements and evaluates communications and marketing projects.
- Commissions, writes, edits, proof reads and co-ordinates complex internal, and where necessary, external publications, patient leaflets and advice documents; press releases, articles, briefings and websites, organises print and distribution, ensuring everything is of the highest standard.
- Responds to media enquiries, briefs journalists, organizes and manages events eg practice openings; photo calls; press conferences; VIP visits and supervises media interviews, filming and press photographers on NPC premises.
- Provides communications, media and marketing advice to managers, staff and committees, and acts as communications specialist to advise and influence committees in a particular area of the organization at times of change when good communication is crucial.
- Develops, implements and evaluates new internal communications and engagement strategy.
- Develops and implement programme of research and insight development to support communications activity.
- Develops a wide range of mechanisms to communicate with stakeholders with a particular focus on developing, managing and maintaining websites.