How can you tell a better story?
Storytelling and narrative skills are critical to add greater impact to your strategic communications and public relations.
This practical-based workshop provides you with an easy-to-use toolkit to transform all your communications into powerful stories that will enthral your audience.
- How to transform your strategies and stories
- How to create BIG IDEAS for multi-channel stories
- Understand what narrative is – and what it isn’t – and how to use it for new insights for strategic thinking
- Identify your Story Persona and how to tell your stories through that Persona
- Transform your next Thought Leadership, strategy, message, news release or content using the fundamental 5 Story Plots
- Identify the very heart of your emotional message and use it to connect
- Discover how to ‘Story Listen’
What you will learn:
- That you may have been a ‘news storyteller’ rather than a storyteller
- To stop using unnecessarily tedious, tame or uninspiring communications whatever the occasion
- How to unleash the great stories within you and around you
- To listen first, to ensure you discover the story
How you will benefit:
- You will be a more confident storyteller and creator of compelling corporate narrative
- Able to identify and use key storytelling strategies and tools
- Your communications will have more impact, engagement and memorability
- You can influence and change behaviours by identifying the underlying scripts people are using in the telling of their story by providing more powerful alternatives
- You will have many more stories to tell
Who should attend:
- You may have strong news or report writing skills but are you an outstanding storyteller?
- You need to achieve impact or looking for that BIG idea that works across multiple channels
- You want to influence others to stop using the underlying scripts they are using
This is an intermediate course.
Your course leader:
Andy Green is a leading expert on storytelling for PR, comms and marketing and has written 7 books on brand communications. He works with in-house teams and agencies around the world using real-world experience and case studies to transform their use and management of storytelling and corporate narrative.
9.30 am – 4.30 pm
Newcastle, Carlisle, Edinburgh, Glasgow or in-house.
£295 + VAT
Discounts available for 2 delegates or more from the same company.
These courses are highly interactive and therefore limited to 10 delegates.
Take a look at our calendar to find open sessions or book a bespoke package which can be delivered in the context of your business practices. If there are no dates currently available please register your interest in this course and we will let you know once more dates become available.
Booking on this course:
To book a place on this course just email us and we’ll sort out the rest from there.
Once a date has been confirmed you will be issued with an invoice and payment is easy by either, BACS transfer or credit/ debit card.
Refreshments and lunch are included, please advise at time of booking of any specific dietary requirements or special access needs.
Remember we can look at running all our 1-day courses in-house if there are 4 or more people. And if this course doesn’t quite hit the skills gap you are trying to plug we can design a course just for you and your team.
If you would like to discuss whether this course is suitable for your needs or talk about adapting it for a bespoke in-house session please call +44 (0)7734 222 254 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.