CIPR Professional PR Diploma
Take a strategic approach to PR and prepare to lead at board level.
Gain an advanced understanding of professional practice, including PR strategy and planning, content management, media and engagement, measurement and evaluation, and PR leadership. All underpinned by reference to ethics and the code of conduct.
You’ll also put your learning into practice, evaluating a wide range of PR concepts and techniques and applying them practically to your own work and sector.
It’s right for you if you’re an experienced PR professional and are ready to progress towards a senior management position, or if you have previously studied the CIPR Advanced Certificate in Public Relations.
Not sure if this is the right course for you? Talk to us!
T: 07734 222 254 E: email@example.com
Course Fees - £2,100 + VAT + Assessment fees £1,035 + CIPR Registration £420 = Total Cost £3,555 ex VAT - £3975 inc VAT
Level 7 | Masters | 11 SQA
Newcastle | Edinburgh | Carlisle |
Next Start Date
Classes starting January 2020
The new CIPR Professional PR Diploma syllabus is based on professional practice underpinned by core PR principles, models and concepts.
The syllabus incorporates three separate units.
- The first unit is focused on the PR strategy and planning process, with an emphasis on research that establishes robust communication objectives, related to the organisation’s goals.
- The second unit is focused on communication and engagement, with an emphasis on content, which reflects employers’ views that management of content across the organisation is an essential competence.
- The third unit is focused on the leadership of PR activities, with an emphasis on management of projects, campaigns and resources; internal stakeholders, the PR team and key suppliers; and on measurement and evaluation.
Students would be awarded a CIPR Professional PR Diploma by successfully completing all three units.
There are 4 assessment sessions per year. Depending on when you enrol on to the qualification you could qualify in as little as 10 to 12 months. As well as the tuition time, you’ll need to set aside approximately 10 to 12 hours per week for self-study. This might increase as you work towards submitting your assessments.
Unit 1: PR Strategy and Planning Assessment: Executive report (and summary situation analysis)
Unit 2: PR Content, Communications and Engagement Assessment: Thought leadership article (and statement of reflection)
Unit 3: PR Management, Measurement and Evaluation Assessment: Management proposal outlining recommendations for performance improvement
Find out more HERE
You qualify for the CIPR Diploma if you have any of the following:
- CIPR Advanced Certificate in Public Relations
One of the following plus 1 year’s relevant full-time employment in public relations (or related sectors, e.g. marketing, journalism):
- CIPR Internal Communications Certificate
- postgraduate professional qualification in a related discipline (e.g. CIM diploma)
- UK Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a PR-related discipline: business, marketing, management, communication, media or journalism.
One of the following plus 2 years’ relevant full-time employment in public relations (or related sectors):
- CAM Advanced Diploma in Marketing Communication
- NCTJ Diploma
- UK Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in any other subject
- LCCIEB qualification which must comprise 5 level-3 subjects in PR, marketing, advertising, and principles & practice of management.
4 years’ relevant full-time employment in public relations (or related sectors) and 5 GCSEs at grade C or above, 1 of which must be in the English language.
In addition, those whose first language is not English must be able to demonstrate proficiency in the language – spoken and written – to an International Language Testing System (IELTS) band score of 6.5 or equivalent.
Available in Newcastle, Edinburgh and Carlisle from January 2020
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to register your interest