CIM Foundation Certificate in Marketing
The CIM Foundation Certificate in Marketing – Level 3 is a course for people wanting to find out more about marketing – whether you’re in a job that involves marketing or not. It aims to develop knowledge and skills in basic marketing.
The Foundation Certificate is ideal for junior marketers, secretaries or administrative staff; people on the periphery of marketing; event management staff; personal assistants; non-marketers with some marketing involvement; customer service assistants/call centre employees; modern apprenticeship equivalents.
By the end of the qualification you should be able to:
- Understand the function of marketing and its role in an organisation
- Know about the 4Ps (product/price/place/promotion) and how to apply the marketing mix
- Understand more about customers and managing customer relationships
- Communicate to both internal and external customers using a variety of different means
We do our best to offer a student-centred approach and aim to create a learning experience that best suits you. It doesn’t always have to be in a classroom, although some people really benefit from the interaction with other students, so ask us about a blended approach if you think that will suit you better.
We offer daytimes, evenings, face to face and blended learning approaches.
Not sure if this is the right course for you? Talk to us!
T: 07734 222 254 E: email@example.com
Per module: £495 + VAT | £205 CIM assessment fees total | £60 CIM membership fee
Level 3 | A-levels | 6 SQA
2 modules over 6 months
Newcastle | Carlisle | Edinburgh | Glasgow
Next Start Date
Week commencing 17 September 2018, please contact us for more details
This module provides an understanding of the key concepts and terminology of marketing and how it fits within the organisation. It introduces the principles of consumer behaviour and the marketing environment. It identifies the elements of the marketing mix and how the mix is used to meet customer requirements.
- The role and function of marketing within organisations
- Factors that influence consumer behaviour
- Key components of the marketing environment
- Collecting relevant information about the marketing environment
- The concept and elements of the marketing mix
- How the marketing mix is applied in different contextual settings
This module provides an understanding of the main elements of marketing communications and how they can be used in practice to engage with customers. Key marketing communications activities are considered in the context of developing a marketing communications campaign for customers.
- Different types of customers
- The nature and importance of customer relationships
- The purpose and process of marketing communications
- The range of different marketing communications tools available
- Developing an outline marketing communications campaign
- How the marketing communications campaign will be put into practice
This module provides you with an understanding of what is meant by digital marketing and the key communication tools used. It outlines the key factors that influence the digital consumer including social networks and virtual communities. It identifies the importance of developing campaign content aimed at specific market segments and how campaigns can be measured.
- Understand what is meant by digital marketing
- Understand the key factors that influence the digital consumer
- Understand the key digital marketing communications tools
- Understand how to develop digital marketing content
- Be able to develop digital marketing campaigns
- Understand methods of measuring digital marketing campaigns
- Marketing Principles | 3 month study period | one-hour online assessment
- Customer Communications | 3 month study period | Written assignment
This is an open qualification, which means you dont need any previous qualifications or marketing experience. However, if you are working or have some business experience this will certainly help you to put your learning into context.
If English isn’t your first language you will also need to provide us with evidence of at least IELTS 6.5 proficiency or Tinity ISE III/IV.
Classes start the week commencing 17 September 2018
On your application please state whether you would prefer an evening or day time class
Programme also available to be studied via distance learning.